Friday, 2 March 2012

so this is Ol Fart

OK, so calling the dog Ol' Fart is probably not that nice, and I did consider changing this to Ol' Boy, because he is now, but seriously, I have never met a dog that can clear a room like this fellow can, He managed to get a group of five teenage boys to squeal like little girls and get themselves all jammed in a doorway together trying to escape one of his bombs.

.....so Ol' Fart it is.

And just like BatGirl, he does have another more suitable moniker, being named after a young, wild haired, up and coming Freeskier who was idolized by my 2 boys at the time. That was 10 years ago when we brought him home as a 6 week old pup from the Pound in Parry Sound.

In those 10 years.........

- we have managed to lose ALL puppy pictures of him, there is not one left that shows him as that cute, noisy little ball of fluffly cute.
- the 2 boys that talked me into getting a "new" dog, not a "used" one ( I didn't want to do the puppy thing again  ) are all grown up now too, and have moved away..........leaving me to deal with Ol' Odiferous on my own.  

-we have learnt

 that Ol' Fart will get into a car, anyones car, if the door is left open for just a minute, and then totally refuse to come out. And get right cranky about that idea too. This is the only time that he really actually does becomes a big, black, 110lb issue........so this has caused him to spend the night in my parents garage, in the ( spotless, immaculate, and oh did I hear about this more than once) car...........and this has also resulted in me to just getting in the car and driving him around the driveway circle two or three times, and then he just gets out, happy as a stupid clam thinking he got his way and went for a car ride. And for the record, the only reason I wouldn't give in and just take him for the car ride is because it's 110 in the shade that day and I have 4 hours of shopping to do, and he just doesn't understand English and the whole parking lot issue.

-that Ol' Fart hates

- hand cream... OK, I know that's weird, I have no idea how that started, but if you don't want him in a room, one bottle of handcream in the doorway will keep him at the other end of the house till it's gone, go figure !?

- Vets.............OK, I can figure that one out.

- Cameras..........this one is weird too, but true.......see



and if you do catch him face first, then he looks like he wants to die.......
seriously, this is his cameraa face
most days I call him "smiley guy"


he's also not allowed on the furniture


or in the flower beds

and he's really good at blowing you a raspberry
if you do get the camera at the front end of him


and he's been slapped by The Cat more than once, and still loves her....him ( it )


I think the slap came about 2 seconds after this was taken, you can just see him anticipating it.





No comments:

Post a Comment